The Muslim Caucus Education Collective is a united voice of a dynamic grassroots movement for justice and equity for all. In 2019 and beyond the Muslim Caucus Education Collective will lead the push towards eliminating racism and Islamophobia reflecting the best of American values which honor America’s rich history as a nation advocating for justice and equity for all.
The Muslim Caucus Education Collective is a 501(c)3 sister organization of the Muslim Caucus of America, a national organization dedicated to building the civic and electoral power of Muslim Americans. Collectively referring to the two legal and distinct entities: as the Muslim Caucus.
BUILDING POWER AND VOICE
Many of our communities suffer not just because they lack economic resources but also because they lack structure, capacity, and political power. Powerlessness, in and of itself, is bad for protecting our rights. The Muslim Caucus has a unique role to play—not just in winning policy changes—but in building the power, voice, and leadership of Muslim Americans, by investing in building the leadership skills and power of individuals and constituencies who have been excluded from public discourse.
Through the Muslim Caucus's organizing efforts, people become experts on the local, state and national political process and policies affecting their lives. We provide tools so that our communities can identify pressing problems, research solutions, build coalitions with allies, and build movements for change with public officials. Through organizing, Muslim Americans emerge as skilled, powerful leaders working to advance equity and justice in their communities.
THE MUSLIM CAUCUS EDUCATION COLLECTIVE IS DEEPLY COMMITTED TO LONG-TERM SOCIAL CHANGE
Every day, Muslim Americans feel the crushing impact of systemic racism and Islamophobia has on their families. And every day, Caucus leaders personify and project the uplifting spirit of hope found in Muslim Americans from California to Connecticut.
THE MUSLIM CAUCUS EDUCATION COLLECTIVE IS DEDICATED TO:
- Helping local activists and advocates become increasingly powerful voices for their communities.
- Support and organize youth leadership in our communities to give the next generation of community leaders a collective national voice.
- Facilitate cross-cultural alliance building among America’s diverse immigrant communities and native-born Muslim Americans and people of color communities.
- Contribute to our democracy through deep political education and increases in the number of immigrants who achieve legal status and who become citizens and voters.
- Provide tools, information and strategic assistance to local organizations to make positive policy changes at the local, state and national levels.
- Create opportunities for Muslim American community leaders from around the nation to learn from one another, help each other overcome obstacles and aggregate their collective power.
SUPPORT OUR WORK
MUSLIM CAUCUS OF AMERICA